As marketers, we tend to lose track of what is happening around us when life starts to get busy.
I am going to give you some guidance on how you can keep track of your work and some tips that I find very useful.
Stay Organized With Your Work
As interns, we get caught up with all the learning that it is easy to forget the little things that will help us out later on in our career.
So it is important that we remember important tips that will help us to stay organized.
Here are some tips that help me to stay organized:
- A reminder app: most smartphones today come with reminder apps that give you updates on the go. Make sure to take advantage of this tool by actually setting reminders!
- A calendar on your phone and computer: having a calendar filled with important dates and events is a must. It will keep you up-to-date and reminded every time you have something important coming up.
- Have a daily planner: A notepad is the easiest way to keep up-to-date with your busy schedule. Always carry a notepad around with you and jot things down whenever you get the chance.
- Keep multitasking to a minimal: Although many people claim that they are excellent at multitasking, it can sometimes come back to bite you. So keep it to a minimum so you’re not losing your mind.
- Make sure to take breaks: give yourself a 15-20 minute break to relax and have a little snack to help you stay sane.
- Make sure you have a clean working space: if my work space is cluttered, I cannot concentrate on my work. Ensure you have a clean desk or table so you can focus more on your tasks.
- Turn off your phone notifications: As a millennial, my life revolves around my phone and when I hear constant buzzing and beeping, I get carried away. Ensure to shut off all those annoying group chats so you can concentrate on your work.
- Logging yourself out of social media websites: while working on my computer, I log myself out of Twitter and Facebook so I don’t have the urge to procrastinate. Oh and one more thing. Don’t forget to uncheck the “Remember Me” box.
Hopefully some of these tips will be as useful to you.
I want to thank you for tuning into another blog post of mine.
If you are interested in learning more about how to be a marketing intern, add me to Linkedin here.